Thursday, February 05, 2009

What is it about Marian Keyes?

You know how you just adore some people? I don't normally gravitate towards "celebrities". I think being a "fan" is actually a little bit pathetic. It's okay to enjoy someone's music and even buy their CD, or to enjoy watching some actorr more than others, but to graduate to full "fan" status always struck me as a bit juvenile. I adore Geri Halliwell, but mostly I think it's because she used to be a gorgeous voluptuous red-head. But I think I also appreciated that she seemed more "real" than the others Spice Girls. And I don't care what anybody says, she's by far been the most successful in her own right of all the Spicies.

Anyway, I think there's something similar about Marian Keyes. Apart from the fact that she's an incredibly talented writer (envy), she just seems to be a bit "real". She's open about her difficult past, she's self-deprecating, which can be adorable when done in the right way. She's little and cute, and of course there's the whole Irish thing.

I think I have Irish in my past lives. Something about the Irish accent that touches my soul. That and the Southern Belle persona (but that's another blog).

No comments: