Thursday, June 05, 2008

a vote for the underdog

I enjoyed SATC's first television series. It was, like so many groundbreaking shows, edgy and raw and innovative. Alas, as so often happens, as the seasons wore on the dialogue become staid, the characters predictable, the storylines . . . let's face it, dull!

What possible hope for the movie?

Who cares?

So let's get to the only real question the matters when it comes to SATC. Which of the four girls is the hottest?

When I saw the poll on stuff, asking that very question, I thought here's an online poll I could get into.

For me it was a no brainer. I thought I would answer for two reasons. First, because she surely is the hottest, and second, I thought surely not many others would agree with me, so I would give her what amounted to a sympathy vote.

Imagine my shock when I checked out the results of the poll, in which Charlotte was pulling more than 60% of the popular vote. The brunette. The non-blonde.

Of course, Jackie said the guys would like Charlotte because she's the demure one, the frequent damsel in distress one, the conservative, virginal one.

I prefer to think of it as the others are just too skanky

No comments: