Thursday, February 10, 2011

Two Birds with one Post

I rarely brag. And I hardly ever get excited about electronic gadgets. However, I might break out of that mould just this once and kill two birds with one post

Before Christmas I sent this photo to D-Photo magazine for one of their little competitions. I was pretty stoked when I picked the Feb issue off the shelf to see that I had won. But the printed version of the photo was a bit dark and I didn't like the crop (ever the perfectionist). O well.

I hadn't heard from the D-Photo people, but the other day my prize turned up at the door. It's a really cool printer. And when I say it's really cool, I mean it's...well, it's a printer. But it's really cool. It's wireless; it's really quick and quiet; it's got some cool functions for printing cards and colouring pages for Josh; and it will print photos onto cds, as in like printing a logo onto the disk. Yay.

And unlike most electronic gadgets, especially for someone like me (total not-tech-geek - generally gadgets hate me!), it was relatively easy to install and use. Yay Yay.

So all in all it's looking up. Such a machine will help, I think, in my quest to add photography to the writing. Or is it more the other way round? It seems to be at the moment.

3 comments:

Art Mama said...

Oh my, that is WONDERFUL, congratulations! Does this mean you can now call yourself an award-winning family portrait photographer? Well done!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and yeah, I reckon you can call yourself an award winning photographer.
Neat printer also.

Anonymous said...

I just love that picture! It's so gorgeous and you definitely deserves that printer!

We all expect homemade Christmas cards this year. :P