Sunday, November 22, 2009

Something different required
















I've been taking a lot of photos. Mostly they are clean-lined, minimal, well-structured things. Such as this. Or this.

I went out Friday to take some more pics . . . it seems to be relaxing . . . but couldn't get into it. None of the shots were working. The light was wrong. The angles didn't add up.

Then I realised, it was my mind that wasn't adding up. I was looking for clean, ordered structured lines, but my mind was totally on another plane. So I ended up at The Pump House and suddenly I felt comfortable again. What my mind was craving was clutter. Disorder. Chaos. So I ended up with this, and this, and, my favourite, this.

Who'd have thought, me, so ANTI-clutter, would crave it and feel comfortable with it? Psychology students . . please advise.

1 comment:

Art Mama said...

Yes, I like the overgrown windows most. Well done. I like it because it makes me ask about what is happening at the house, and who is storing the windows, and what they are planning to do with them.